BICSA PROTECTS YOU
- PRIVACY NOTICE-BICSA MIAMI
- SECURITY CERTIFICATE
- USE OF THE TOKEN
- IN E-BANKING
- ENCRYPTION OF EMAIL
- SECURITY CORPORATE POLICY
What does Banco Internacional de Costa Rica, Miami Agency do with your personal information?
See more information
Banco Internacional de Costa Rica, S.A. (BICSA) is committed to the security of its clients and periodically maintains and updates extended validation security certificates on its website and for Electronic Banking. A security certificate provides a secure connection between Internet users and the website that uses it. It is issued by a certifying authority and uses the SSL encryption system. The extended validation security certificate guarantees users of a site that they are really entering the entity’s website, in this case, Banco Internacional de Costa Rica and that said entity has the exclusive right to utilize the domain specified on its site. You can identify a site that has a security certificate in the following manner: Upon gaining access to a site that utilizes a security certificate, you will observe in your web browser’s address bar the following:
- The website’s address begins with https://
- An icon depicting a lock
- The token is an electronic device that the Bank will provide to the client as a second authentication factor to gain access to the e-Banking site and as validation to perform transactions.
- This device generates single-use dynamic passwords that will be requested by the e-Banking system.
- We use access credentials such as user name and password.
- For input of the password, we use a virtual keyboard for greater security.
- The token is used as an additional authentication factor, for clients’ greater security.
- We impose a maximum transaction amount.
- The e-Banking system has an “End Session” button so that the user can terminate the session once transfers have been made.
BICSA offers its clients a tool that allows notifications to be sent and received in a reliable and secure manner.
To achieve this, the Microsoft Office 365 services is used, which through emails, allows the sending and receiving of notifications, account statements and transaction notices, in an encrypted manner, ensuring the security of the information contained in the message.
For access to the tutorial from our website:
At BICSA, security is a primary attribute in the relationship with our customers, users, employees, suppliers, shareholders and the community in general. Our security culture is promoted by a solid Corporate Security Policy based on strict compliance with security standards that contribute to the protection of confidential and banking information of all our clients. We have a security awareness program that includes training for all employees of the organization and online banking clients, so that they increase their ability to proactively identify electronic fraud situations and take corrective actions so that fraud is not realized. All our systems are cutting edge and have the highest technology to safeguard the interests of all interested parties. We also have qualified personnel who work permanently so that the handling of your information is confidential and trustworthiness.